Terms and Conditions for ‘Jalcon Homes Corner Text to Win’ Prize Draw, 2020
Terms and Conditions for ‘Jalcon Homes Corner Text to Win’ Prize Draw, 2020
Revised as at 4th June 2020
How do I enter the competition?
- To enter the ‘Jalcon Homes Corner Text To Win’ Prize Draw (each a “Competition”) you must text ‘Blues’ to 3520 during each Competition Period (as defined at section 7 of these Terms and Conditions). Texts cost $0.20 cents per entry.
- During each Blues home game in the 2020 Super Rugby Aotearoa competition (each a “Home Game”) the North East and South West corners at Eden Park will be branded with Jalcon Holmes. In order to enter a Competition, whenever a Blues player scores in those North East or South West corners at Eden Park during a Blues home game, you must text ‘Blues’ to 3520. For the avoidance of doubt, there will only be one Prize (as defined at section 8 of these Terms and Conditions) per Competition, regardless of how many tries are scored in the North East or South West corners at Eden Park during a Home Game.
- Only one registration per entrant will be counted as an entry into each Competition in each Competition Period.
- The Competition is only open to “Eligible Entrants”. These are individuals who: (i) are legal residents of New Zealand;(ii) are 18 years or over (or who have permission from their parent or legal adult guardian to enter the Competition); (iii) are not directors, contractors or employees of Jalcon Homes and/or Blues Limited Partnership (“BLP”); (iv) are not a family member of any director, contractor or employee of Jalcon Homes and/or BLP (including, but not limited to children, parents, nieces, nephews and grandchildren); and (v) are present at the relevant Blues Home Game (during the relevant Competition Period) and hold a match ticket to the same.
- In the event an individual who is not an Eligible Entrant wins a Competition, then the Competition will be re-drawn and awarded to an individual who is an Eligible Entrant.
6 Participation in a Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by each entrant.
When does each Competition start and finish?
- There will be four (4) Competitions, each of which will relate to Blues Home Games during the 2020 Super Rugby Aotearoa season and will start and end on the following dates and times in 2020 (each a “Competition Period”):
- Sunday 14 June 35pm to 5.15pm
- Saturday 27 June 05pm to 8.45pm
- Sunday 26 July 35pm to 5.15pm
- Sunday 16 August 35pm to 5.15pm
How is the winner of each Competition chosen?
- Each entry submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will automatically go into the draw to win a Samsung 55-inch television (“Prize”) for the relevant Competition. There are 4 (four) Competitions, under which there will be 1 (one) Prize to be given away in relation to each Competition.
- One draw will take place for the Prize in relation to each Competition (after the relevant Home Game), and the winner will be the one entry drawn at random from the valid entries for that Competition received during the Competition Period.
- The winner must be an Eligible Entrant and have met the entry criteria set out above to redeem all aspects of the Prize.
- The winner of each Competition will be drawn by 4pm at the Blues’ office on the Monday following each Home Game outlined in the relevant Competition Period with each winner notified by 5pm on the said Monday. Our decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the Prize is unavailable, we may provide a substitute prize of similar specification. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
- If you are the winner and you do not acknowledge acceptance of the Prize within 24 hours of being notified of winning the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited, and a new winner will be randomly drawn from the entries of the relevant Competition.
How will I know I have won?
- The winner of the Prize will be notified via contact phone number using the details they entered the relevant Competition with. We take no responsibility for communications that are not received.
Delivery of the Prize and use of winner’s details
15. The Prize will be delivered by courier to the relevant address provided by the relevant winner of the Competition. We are not responsible in the event that the winner does not receive the Prize because he or she has provided an incomplete or incorrect delivery address.
16. Costs (if any) associated with accepting the Prize, other than those expressly listed in these Terms and Conditions, must be paid by the winner. Decisions regarding Prize logistics, costs and inclusions are at our discretion and our decision is final.
- Acceptance of the Prize by the winner means the winner consents for both Jalcon Holmes and/or BLP (as applicable) to use their details, photos and/or video footage for promotional and media publicity purposes, including on the Jalcon Homes Facebook page, jalcon.co.nz and the Blues Facebook page, without compensation. Each entrant’s entry to a Competition becomes the property of Jalcon Homes and BLP and may be published by Jalcon Homes and/or BLP for promotional and media publicity purposes, including on the Jalcon Homes Facebook page, jalcon.co.nz, BLP Facebook page and www.blues.co.nz without compensation.
- We reserve the right to require an entrant to provide proof of identity and/or proof of compliance with any eligibility requirements and these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to change any of the benefits offered in the Prize due to reasons outside of our control.
- We can, in our sole discretion, disqualify any entry or refuse to award the Prize to anyone (who in our opinion) has not complied with these terms and conditions, tampered with the entry process or has gained an unfair advantage in any way or has won through fraud.
- If a Competition is interfered with in any way or we cannot run any Competition as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the relevant Competition, as appropriate.
Our liability to you
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither the promotor nor BLP (including their officers, employees and agents) nor any of their affiliate companies or any third parties associated with this Competition, will be liable to you (even if negligent) for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, or otherwise), loss, injury or disappointment which you or any other person suffers or sustains in connection with any Competition and/or the Prize. Nothing in this clause limits your rights (if any) under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Our decisions relating to the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition is being run on behalf of the promoter Jalcon Homes, 42 Ormiston Road, East Tamaki, Auckland, New Zealand, telephone (09) 273 2467. Any reference to “we”, “us” or “our” in these Terms and Conditions means the promotor and/or BLP (as applicable).
- These terms may be updated or modified by us (provided this doesn’t prejudice anyone who has already entered the Competition) and were last updated on 4 June 2020. Any material change will be notified on blues.co.nz.
27. Any questions relating to these Terms and Conditions and any Competition should be referred to the Head of Relationships, the Blues, email@example.com
- The laws of New Zealand apply to each Competition to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.