The Blues Development team has been named for their final match of the season.
They face the Cook Islands at Bell Park in Pakuranga, tomorrow (kick off 6pm)
Having won five from five to date, Assistant Coach Paul Feeney said there is a simple objective.
“Obviously we want to win, we don’t want to let that record slip,” said Feeney.
“And it’s the final opportunity for these young players to impress in a Blues jersey in 2014 and really push their case for a call up to higher honours.”
Francis Saili makes his return from injury and will start at second five-eighths. Matt McGahan is the only other Blues player in the side, having recently been called into the main squad after impressive performances in the development team.
“With the All Blacks away, a number of Blues injuries and then the team that is currently up in Singapore, there aren’t a lot of Blues players in our team for tomorrow.
“It’s a good opportunity for the younger talent in the Blues franchise to get out there though and perform in front of JK and Grant Doorey.”
Hooker Gafatasi Su’a will captain the side from hooker.
The match is the Cook Islands final warm up match ahead of their Rugby World Cup qualifying match against Fiji.
Blues Development v Fiji
Wednedsay 18th June
Pakuranga Rugby Club
The Blues team to face Cook Islands is
1. Jordan Lay (Auckland)
2. Gafatasi Su’a (Auckland)
3. Sione Mafileo (North Harbour)
4. Francois Marais (North Harbour)
5. Will Lloyd (Auckland
6. Irwin Finau (North Harbour)
7. Mitchell Karpik (Auckland)
8. Dillon Wihongi (North Harbour)
9. Pele Cowley (Auckland)
10. Matt McGahan (Blues)
11. Tutu Tairea (Auckland)
12. Francis Saili (Blues)
13. Caleb Hall (Auckland)
14. Dennis Pili (North Harbour)
15. Simon Healy (Auckland)
16. Ray Niuia (North Harbour)
17. Will Griff John (Northland)
18. Isi Tu’ungafasi (Auckland)
19. Jamie Lane (Auckland)
20. Nepia Fox-Matamua (Auckland)
21. Matt Sinclair (Auckland)
22. Rodrigo Costa (North Harbour)
23. Hayden DeVilliers (Auckland)
24. Zac Judge (North Harbour)
25. Michael Little (North Harbour)